A Story Viewer cOMMERCIAL
Psend kept free because of these great sponsors.a..
A WebQuest for 1st Grade Science
June 21, 2001
Introduction Task Resources Process Evaluation Conclusion
Wouldn't it be a shame if the world was without the Humpback Whale, the Green Sea Turtle, the Manatee, or the Spotted Seal? These are just a few of the animals of the sea that are at risk of being extinct from our world. If you were one of these creatures what would you say to those who threaten your exsistence? What plan of action would you take to stop the threat on your life?
This Webquest gives you an opportunity to work in small groups to conduct research, prepare a story viewer commerical, and present the position of your animal to your classmates.
WHO, WHAT, WHY, HOW
Your group will become an endangered sea life animal pleading its case for survival to an audience of humans in the form of a story viewer commerical.
HELPFUL INFORMATION ABOUT ME!!
- With your group, chose one of the four animals to research.
- Research using the resource links and any additional resources in your classroom.
- Record the information about your animal on the idea web provided (at least 5 ideas).
- The idea web facts will then help you fill out the story map which will be the story for your commercial. The commercial will describe the animal, tell the problem, and suggest a solution (introduction, problem and a solution). The story map format provided will help you include these necessary elements.
- Make a story viewer to present the commercial to the audience.
- Present the commercial to the audience. (Remember, you are role-playing the character of the animal you chose so be dramatic!)
HOW DID WE DO?
You will be evaluated on the following:
1. Your level of cooperation and participation
2. The quality of information gathered from your research
3. The neatness, completeness, and quality of your project
4. Your presentation
*Your teacher will use a rubric to grade your project.
GO FOR IT!!
I hope you have learned some vital information about being an endangered species and how you can tell others about the need to perserve life on our planet. There are many different ways to find out more about endangered animals and ways to help. The National Wildlife Federation is one of the many organizations that is informative and encourages people to learn more and get involved in saving animals on our planet. I would recommend reading Ranger Rick Magazine which has variety of articles, stories, pictures, and fun activities centered around animals and our planet. I would encourage you to continue researching about endangered animals and other related topics by using the Web and your local libraries.
Go Back to the top>
Y-Net Wireless Internet
Dog House Technologies
Doghouse Techonologies is located in Tampa Bay FL and offer professional web design, ecommerce development and custom application design for the internet.